The University Photographer is the primary University vendor for photography services. However, in some instances, she may assign an authorized freelance photographer to a project. Rates and billing procedures for freelance photographers remain the same, though in some cases, an additional charge may be incurred depending on the location of the event.
- Public Relations and Event Photography
- Stock File Photos: Columbia Creative and the University Photographer have combined their resources on a website containing hundreds of images of Columbia University (UNI required). On each page is a contact link. Some images have restricted use, but most are available for Columbia University publications and websites. You can also see examples of Eileen's work in the Photography Services Gallery.
- Digital Photography
- $175 per hour, billed in one-hour increments, with a one-hour minimum
- $150 per photo disc; $50 per additional disc
- Photoshop Services (upon request)
- $100 per hour
- Stock File Photographs
- Visit www1.columbia.edu/sec/cu/publications/images (UNI required)
- $30 per image (unlimited use)
- Rates vary depending on type and material selected
- Rush Charges
- Normal turn-around is 48 hours for a disk or Dropbox services.
- $100 rush fee will apply for a complete shoot, delivery within 24 hours.
- $75 rush fee for 20 quick photos, delivery within 24 hours.
All services are billed directly to your departmental account. If off campus, invoice will be mailed.
A cancellation fee of half the photographer's fee will be charged for any event canceled after the photographer is confirmed.
All photographic material becomes the property of Columbia University and is accessible to you, at your request, at any time.